Monday, January 01, 2007

New Year

Welcome to the new year 2007!

Lots of plans in store for the new year.

First, my family has made me an offer. Forget reapplying for an MBA next year, forget about retaking the GMAT and they will sponsor a local course of my choice. Could be the CFA or a Diploma in Business Management. I'll have to decide very soon on whether to accept the offer or not. It's actually quite hard to think about not doing an MBA when all you've done for the past 1.5 years is prepare to get accepted to do an MBA. It's a definite change in the lifestyle and thinking. I'll probably accept the offer and apply for the MBA anyway.

An old friend who's in Japan working has asked whether I would like a job in Japan. No guarantees other than being able to arrange an interview for me. I'll give it a shot and see how it goes. It would be interesting to work in Japan.

So happy new year to you.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting offers.
Happy new year to you.

6:40 AM  
Blogger -tvu said...

I'd recommend continue w/ the MBA pathway. It opens your career and life potiential substantially.

4:27 AM  
Blogger asiangal said...

The CFA charter is a great certification to have ... of course I'm only saying this because I'm well on my way to take the Level 3 exam this year. =) Best of luck with 2007!

1:54 PM  
Blogger AGirlsMBA said...

Wow that is interesting! But I think I would go for the MBA ...


I know, it is lots of schools, I'm just doubtful of getting ANY admittance. I think I want to be at Wharton, NYU or Columbia, I love the tri-state area!

11:22 AM  
Blogger AGirlsMBA said...

GMAT 740, GPA 3.5/4.0, Working since Aug 03, first year and a half doing scientific reserach (including published paper), recently working doing in-house marketing for consumer prod company. What other stats are there?

I'd say my "safety" is NYU. I didn't apply to a true safety because I don't think the time and money are worth it for me to go to a second tier school.

Hope you are well!

5:17 AM  
Blogger ipoel said...

Apply for the MBA.. and you can still pursue CFA on your own.. :)

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home