Sunday, November 20, 2005

Shopping for more

A week of non-stop eating and shopping thanks to playing hosts to an ex-housemate who decided to drop by on her way back to Japan and my girlfriend that was kind enough to take an entire week off from work to spend time and show my friend around town with me.

Women have this incredible ability to shop shop and shop some more, for the same items day after day after day. It does not seem to matter whether they have been to the shop before, it is always a "just-in-case-i-missed-something" visit.

And I swear I have put on at least two kilos in weight since all I did was to eat! And show my friend some hospitality by taking her to all the good food spots that I know. Maybe I burnt off the calories by shopping though - 6 hours of walking in a shopping complex has got to burn off something at least!

Really appreciate my girlfriend spending the week with me and my friend, in some ways it allowed us to do things together, things that never would have been done without my friend - like shopping for 6 hours a day. But then, I got a nice silky blue necktie out of the shopping so in some ways it was worth the pain, but my feet have never hurt so much. But the time spent with her was good, real good...

-----

TopMBA.com and the World MBA Tour comes to town this coming week. Not too sure whether I will be able to go and check it out - though most information I have already got via emails and websites, but perhaps there is always something extra that I could get from going to the tour. Wish they did not hold it on a weekday though, makes it hard to attend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home