Sunday, December 18, 2005

What a mess

It's hard to bugger the nay-sayers when they include your girlfriend who is counted on being married to you someday.

She does not want me to do my MBA

i) It is a two-years - USA, here I am selecting USA based schools as it is easier to secure funding for them.

ii) She does not want to leave my current country to move to another country. Of course, here we both accused each other of being selfish; I am selfish for wanting to take her along and not caring about her existing career here, she is selfish for only thinking about her career. What a mess. I keep trying to explain to her that she can come abroad with me and work there....

iii) She does not want to migrate out of this country (which I am planning to do so eventually).

iv) She does not want me to take an education loan of approximately USD 65,000 to fund my MBA (provided I get accepted of course). She rather I spend the money on a house for us.

Fundamentally apparently she is feeling insecure with my wanting to go abroad to pursue an MBA and a career.

Family harps on the fact that even after getting an MBA , I may not be able to accomplish anything. So why bother to get an MBA? But I do not think that is the point.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home