Monday, December 12, 2005

Gmat - Horrifying!

Went out of town to spend the weekend with my girlfriend, nothing much, just lazing around eating and watching TV, oh yeah, and did the diagnostic GMAT test. The results?

H o r r i f y i n g!

:( *grrrrr*

The Quantitative/Problem solving was pretty ok, given that I have had 0 practice, and just about 0 exposure to the questions before hand (decided not to study for it until I took the diagnostic GMAT test to determine where was my weakness), scored a 28/39 for it. Rushed through the test, finishing it in 59 minutes. My key objective is to make sure that I maximise my time fully, to learn how to sit down and go through the questions thoroughly.

The Comprehension just killed me, I scored a miserable, absymal, digusting 11/41. I nearly broke out in tears when I finished the test (j/k). But hey, I realise it is because I do not know what to look for, have no experience/knowledge and did not utilise my time fully. Likewise, I seemed to spend too little time, finishing the section in 36 minutes - not good at all, finishing it undertime seems to contribute to my exceptionally low score. I will have to learn how to pace myself and go slow (especially since it is comprehension etc).

Well, at least now I know which area I am definitely lacking in, and will start work on it ASAP!

1 Comments:

Blogger MBABlogger said...

:) Best of luck buddy I am also starting my gmat prep and going through the same kind of horrufying experiences. Was trying CR from LSAT and got only 6/25 wrong yday and was pretty happy. Today I got 11/25 wrong and was pulling my hair out !!
Best of luck

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home