Saturday, November 04, 2006

GMAT - 17 days

My scores are getting worse and worse. I hit a 610 on the GMAT Prep.

But strangely I'm doing better and better when using the Official Guide. Am I taking the CAT test wrongly? This is disheartening :(

I put in 6 hours of practice today. And hopefully at least another 6 hours tomorrow. My timing for quant is getting a bit off. Going too slowly. Longer questions are taking me about 2'30 minutes to solve, I've got to work on the speed.

I've got a rough schedule. Hit the practices and books until 9pm. I find that I start cracking after 9.30pm.

I'm going to crack if I can't get my scores up.

2 Comments:

Blogger -tvu said...

Score of 610 is nothing to sneeze at. Compared to my Kaplan's CAT scores, I'd be soo~ happy w/ a 610 score. I'm considering pushing back my GMAT date one week later.

3:43 AM  
Blogger prepfortests said...

Sounds like you are really putting the hours in study wise. Do remember you need to sleep/rest now an then to keep your concentration levels up ;o)

At this stage it is the fact that you are improving on the practice questions that is important not how well you are doing on the tests.

Once you are confident with the practice questions you need to start pushing yourself on doing them at pace (i.e. approximately 1 question every 2 mins).

Only once you are comfortable with this should you start doing full practice tests.

If you want more help then our GMAT tutorials, practice questions and tips may be useful.

Best of luck!

2:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home