Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yale - submitted!

Yay! Just RSM left to finish up and submit.

I'm just hoping that my recommender gets the job done by January 10th (for Yale). Spoke to him yesterday and he hadn't even started on it yet! :(

What other options do I have other than a CFA? What would be the best?

I've taken a side track from MBAs and finance and applied to Grey Worldwide (advertising) to be an account manager. After so many years of considering working in advertising, I hope I finally get accepted into advertising. I feel, strangely enough, that my forte may be in advertising after all.

RSM's essay on what is your hobby and how does it reflect your personality is giving me a massive headache! I suspect most successful RSM applicants create a hobby just for their application.

Maybe something like, starting up non-profit organisation to fight for the rights of the oppressed and poor gnomes in the deepest and darkest part of Switzerland. Or maybe

"I've always had a passion for managing my own portfolio of share. My current portfolio that I started at the age of 5 has a current net value of millions and gazillions of dollars, consisting of shares spread across all continents. In the last financial year, my portfolio value increased by 20000%! I am the worlds greatest thing since sliced bread. If RSM doesn't accept me, I will buy RSM and fire the entire admissions committee."

My hobby is spending time with friends. But who gives a hobby like that? :(

Or is it possible?

Hmm.

6 Comments:

Blogger asiangal said...

Recommender frenzy is driving me nuts! All my recommenders have written everything out, but the spotty Internet connection on my side of the Pacific is making things a bit more difficult. *BREATHE* --- I only have to survive this week.

2:02 PM  
Blogger ipoel said...

Yai!! One down..

11:30 AM  
Blogger AGirlsMBA said...

Ha looking back on it I don't know where I have the time. Let's just say every moment not at work in the past month has been in front of my computer at home. I think I get it from a super intense undergrad.

I have to say I'm in awe of your ability to look at an essay that much. I'm sure it gives you much better results .... mine is combination of procrastination and impatience once its done ...

2:07 PM  
Blogger MBA babe said...

hey - good luck finishing up! just was reading through some of your past posts... it's funny how so many opportunities present themselves all at once! i'm sure things will start to sort themselves out once apps are done and you have time to think again. :)

2:52 PM  
Blogger the being said...

lol! that was hilarious :D

where else r u applying?

4:45 PM  
Blogger Inblue said...

LOL ! That's quite an interesting hobby. I bet they should find it really differnet.

On the other note, If you get scary of the application octane, think of me. I am kinda role model for a lazy lumpy applicant. I do adore their discipline and devotion.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home