Thursday, July 28, 2005

Life once again

Congratulations to Mr Le Optimiste, I feel that it was the dual parent company bit that made it a bit easy. Anyways, so you have a choice of dinner or witty conversation! Depending on your location we might have to make arrangements to meet in some foreign country ;)

But that should work out to be fine.

-----

And I realise that I have another interview. This time with an advertising company. Which will be interesting; since I am an advertising and marketing graduate. The key point of the interview - I want to be a brand consultant.

(It is not that I am dissatisfied with my job, please do not misunderstand me on that. I have not applied for a job at all ever since getting my current job. I applied for various jobs 3-4 months ago, and they are only getting back to me on them now.)

Back to being a brand consultant; I have always wanted to be a brand consultant, however there never seemed to be any vacancies for that position, in fact, my family believes that there is no such job as a brand consultant. Any brand consultants out there reading this? Please let me know if you are a brand consultant, or personally know a brand consultant. It would give me some faith that my ambitions are realisable.

I guess for me, my current job is a job, it is something that I have to do because I accepted the offer to work there. I will do my best, work my hardest and aim to be the best in my job BUT at the end of the day, my current job was never my ambition. To me, it will be a job that I accepted out of necessity, out of the long term stability. Some day, I may grow to love my job and truly embrace it for all its worth but for the time being, I do not know how to see it as anything but a job. However, I know it is a good job, and I appreciate the opportunity given.

Am I contradicting myself by saying I have a good job, yet it is only a job? That perhaps I should be rejecting all these interviews. My family, friends and girlfriend have been very critical of me being open to changing jobs. So, based on their view, yes, I am being contradictory. I should sit down, and focus on my current job.

I guess I agree with them, I should focus on my current job.

Sometimes I feel confused too...

-----

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home