Monday, July 25, 2005

Round Two - Wannabe vs. Random people! FIGHT!

And so it started, apparently there were about 18 of us, divided into 3 groups.

First exercise of the day went with a personality test, out of some consulting company, comparing what I liked most, and what I liked the least.

Then we were moved into a room with a two-way mirror (made me feel like a suspect in an interrogation room), and we were told to sort out our case study. Case study basically was to come up with a marketing plan and stuff, very limited time, 30 minutes for the individual and 45 minutes for the team effort. Scary.

Then an Critical Review (?) Test, to test our understanding of English. This was followed with another test for our Maths skills.

All in all, it was really quite an experience, I am only hoping that I managed to do a decent job and that they call me back!

Oh yeah, apparently they will let us know the results within 24 hours.... (^_^);;
Making me a bit edgy....

So, aside from the case study, english comprehension and math skills, it appears that they're really just doing this to see a "culture fit". My bet is that they want people that can fit in (or at least that they _think_ can fit it.

Two of my groupmates heard their names being mentioned! I didn't hear mine! Good? Bad?

Well, I guess I'll remember this experience. If anything, it was pretty interesting.

Another 18 more hours.

-----

It's raining now... nice and windy, wish I was back in Australia with a cup of coffee and having a nice smoke as the wind blows by.... (for the record, I have given up smoking as well)

Girlfriend is in town for training tomorrow and the day after, hopefully we'll be able to spend some time together. Would be good to spend some time with her, last I heard, she now wants to buy a new car!

1 Comments:

Blogger Death Spiral said...

Good luck Wannabe with everything that is going on in your life. I hope they call you back within those 24 hours as expected.

Considering that you have sometime before INSEAD, I urge you to go through the essay questions and start brainstorming internally to figure out what is best.

About long distance relationships -we need to have that conversation over a beer someday ;-). I am a relatively private person :)

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home