Sunday, August 28, 2005

Life Plan Ver 1.1

If you recall, in my Life Plan ver 1.0 it was basically either do my MBA or go all the way with professional certification in the banking and finance field.

Today, out of the blue (well not really out of the blue, but nevertheless a bit unexpected), my girlfriend and I had an hour long conversation on marriage and my doing an MBA!

Points to note

1. If I do my MBA, we will get married AFTER I finish my MBA.
2. She wants children within the next 5 years.

3. Can I afford to repay the study loan for my MBA?

I definitely hope that after doing my MBA I will have better job opportunities that will allow me to repay my study loan within 7 years at 7.5% per annum.

4. What will I get out of doing an MBA?

Rather, what do I hope to get out of doing an MBA? On my top 3 list;

i) Better job opportunity,
ii) Knowledge,
iii) Self satisfaction.

-----

So where go points 1 and 2 fit into my Life Plan of the MBA varient?

1. Maintain current banking job. (start June 05)
2. Do a professional certificate in Credit Risk. (Jan 06)
Start preparations for GMAT.
3. Complete professional certificate in Credit Risk. (June 07)
Take the GMAT.
4. Apply for MBA. (June 07)
5. Complete MBA. (Jan 09)
6. Get Married!

So, total time to marriage would be about 3 1/2 years.

That would put me just nicely about 30 years of age, and my girlfriend at 32 years of age.

Too old? I hope not! Sounds like a good 3 1/2 year plan. Unless I'm being too ambitious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home