Friday, August 12, 2005

Life Plan Add-on : Hopeful Wannabe and The Quest for Integrity

I have run out of ideas for any new blog posts, so I will just share some thoughts I have discussed with my seniors.

The overall impressions that I have got about being a banker, you need to be analytical and detailed. Very analytical and very detailed. And it is true, you have to be analytical and detailed, actually, you should be analytical and detailed in every occupation; especially when in banking. A missed detail could cost lots and lots of money, I do not think that any banker accomplishes much by not paying attention to either of the two.

Imagine doing a credit risk analysis without being analytical or detailed.

"Yeah, he's worth about 3 to 6 million, company has been around for about 3 to 5 years, sometimes they buy land, not too sure whether they're going to build a factory or not. Maybe. They may want to merge with Company X, not too sure, I didn't really ask about that. And, oh, I'm not too sure what they produce, I think they manufacture cars."

There goes your chances for advancement.

So I am working myself up to being analytical and detailed.


"However, the most important characteristic is integrity."

This was statement was made some long contemplation by my boss.

Integrity.

How would I define integrity?

Integrity is doing the right thing. But "right" is defined by culture and society, religious beliefs and life experiences.

Anyway, I am no philosopher, so I will just stop there for the time being.

Anybody out there that believes they have integrity? If you think that you have integrity, please define it clearly for me. Can integrity be defined in absolutes? Or can integrity only be defined with Absolut? :P

I am now on a quest to learn what integrity is, and to have integrity.

Actually after re-reading my post, I feel that I should just have concentrated on integrity. :)

But nevermind.

Anyway, I would like to say hi to my new reader! Venus! Whoohoo! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home