Tuesday, September 06, 2005

And it goes on

A weekend in Singapore, and yesterday, a sushi dinner with some friends and more work. What more could I ask for? Except perhaps marriage! But that is happening after my MBA.

According to the latest update from reliable sources, I am going to get married after completing my MBA, something that I hope to do at one of the following schools

i) INSEAD
ii) Said
iii) Jules

So now that I have more or less a road map for my personal life, it is going to be time to move on to sorting out my academic and professional life. Will have to take a look at the GMAT starting next year or so to ensure that I will be able to achieve an adequate score.

-----

Work is pretty good so far. I am beginning to realise the pros of my job vs the cons of my job. However, my plans to go to INSEAD Singapore's open day have been interrupted and it looks like I will have to give October's event a miss.

Anybody going for it?

-----

I realise that one of the times I dislike talking to people is when they have settled down into a rut and do not want to move out of their comfort zone.

"Blah blah, yeah I'm comfortable in my job and I don't want to do anything exciting."

Or maybe it is just people that do not want to consider that the world is bigger than what they are doing. It is really sad when people do not sit back and realise that outside of their door, outside of their job and their current lives is a whole world just waiting for them. I think maybe people have to make the jump to look at their lives not from inside-out, but from outside-in.

I hope that I will never fall and be too comfortable in a rut and not willing to explore the world and what it has to offer - whether personally or professionally.

-----

And before I forget, for what it is worth, to the victims of Hurricane Katrina - I am sorry that it happened and God bless.

-----

1 Comments:

Blogger jeNnA said...

Ok, my totally unsolicited opinion is... Marry her now. You can manage the rest together and be stronger for it! But totally agree on the waiting to have kids. Cool Plan.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home