Saturday, March 17, 2007

I've been busy... really busy looking at the financing for the MBA.

I realise that I cannot rely on the possibility of getting a bank loan from ING Bank. After reading alumni discussions, apparently ING Bank not only requires you to have the Euro 19k for living expenses, but also that your _pre-MBA earning capacity_ be a certain level. Now, coming from a developing country, and having only worked in the country, my earnings would be lower than that of a developed country; throw in the exchange rate and I'm earning below-average compared to the average Dutchman.

So, that's a mighty big problem I've got.

By begging from my family, I realise I can raise half of the money (approximately Euro 29k), but I desperately need the remainder. I can't take any USA based/related simply because I don't have a USA co-signer. Banks over here are a no go for education loans.

If I can't raise the money, I'm hitting the GMAT again and apping to top ten USA schools that have guaranteed loans :(

Downpayment is due in 3 weeks if I decide to attend. How on earth am I going to figure out whether I can raise Euro 29k in 3 weeks? I would sell my soul, but I figure it's not worth much.

I'm going to try hitting the phones and see whether I can get a scholarship or a private loan.

1 Comments:

Blogger mba2009 said...

Congratulations on making it to RSM and thank you for visiting my blog! I absolutely enjoyed reading Alex Chu's comment!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home