Saturday, April 29, 2006

Jobs jobs abound

I have given much thought to applying for a job with another bank.

On the overall

i) I do not think I want to stay in banking for an extended period of time. Jumping to another bank will be reflected at the end of the day when it shows that I have 3 years of banking experience with 3 different banks - not too good looking on my resume.

ii) If I change jobs, I want to move out of banking. So I shall apply for none-banking jobs, but until I get what I want, I shall stay in my existing bank. Or at least until I finish my b'school applications.

iii) On the other hand, moving to another bank might do me wonders. So I am actually neither here or there on applying for another job with another bank.

iv) It is actually very interesting to see how people can be addicted to working in the banking industry. Here, the banks give you the best benefits - cheap housing loans, cheap car loans, lots of leave, good healthcare etc etc. Working in the bank is almost like a drug habit, once you have had a hit, you just want more.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home