Saturday, April 29, 2006

So many things have happened lately, mainly, I have been transfered to another department - so, instead of doing acquisition, I am now to do account maintenance. One of the reasons that I am being transfered (other than not achieving my targets) is that I lack "warmth" and that may hamper building rapport with the customer.

I am very concerned about this since it shows a serious character flaw, something that I will have to fix before I do my MBA, or any other things for the matter.

Maybe I am just shy and have an inferiority complex when I talk to people? In general, I feel pretty ok about talking to people, though I realise that in the office, I am not as chatty as my colleagues. But not being chatty could be because of the job itself? I honestly doubt it has anything with my being shy or reserved or even having an inferiority complex. I feel that in the office I would usually keep to myself because everybody else is so busy, and I do not really want to interrupt them. Yes, I could be more sociable, but maybe I am too overly concerned about presenting myself in the best light.

Perhaps, I am so concerned with how my colleagues will view me that I just shut up thus coming across as less sociable and friendly. I think my coming across as "cold and unsociable" in the office has lots to do with the job and the fact that honestly, I was not too comfortable doing the job.

Yeah, life sucks sometimes when people give you constructive criticism. Nevertheless it is an important aspect that I have to address and amend. It sure feels bad when people tell you there is something wrong, but I think it is more important that you are willing to take what people say, work on it and make things better instead of feeling upset.

And as a result, I have been transfered to another department. On the plus side, at least I have been transfered and not been asked to leave. There is hope for me!

P/S I messed up my Credit Risk exams. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home